Skip to Content

Heat lamp causes Rigby house fire

RIGBY, Idaho (KIFI) - A house fire in Rigby Tuesday happened just before 4 p.m on West Main Street.

Central Fire said no one was home at the time.

When firefighters arrived, flames were burning the back side of the house.

The were able to quickly get the fire out.

There is physical damage and extensive smoke damage throughout the home. Together, damage is estimated at $215,000.

The cause of the fire is believed to be a heat lamp that was being used to keep some baby chicks warm.

There were no injuries.

Article Topic Follows: Idaho

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content