ISLAND PARK, Idaho (KIFI) – The Bonneville County District Court issued an order appointing Big Springs Water Company, LLC (Big Springs) to serve as the receiver of Island Park Water Company, Inc. (IPWC) Friday.
During the receivership, Big Springs will remain under the oversight of the Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ), the Public Utilities Commission, and the court.
Big Springs will be responsible for dissolving the IPWC and ensuring IPWC’s seven public drinking water systems are operating properly. Big Springs is also required to notify all known customers of the court order within seven days. The existing systems include:
- Valley View Subdivision
- Aspen Ridge Subdivision
- Shotgun North
- Shotgun Cherokee Subdivision 5
- Shotgun Kickapoo Subdivision 6
- Shotgun South Stevens Lane; and
- Goose Bay Estates
Big Springs will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of the systems. This includes routine compliance sampling, operation and maintenance, issuing public notifications, resolving complaints, and other operational and administrative duties. Additionally, Big Springs will work to address the systems’ health hazards, including:
- Placing the systems under the control of a properly licensed operator.
- Taking required samples at all systems.
- Providing required public notice to the systems’ customers/water users.
- Addressing the significant deficiencies outlined in the sanitary survey reports issued by DEQ on November 16, 2022.
- Addressing depressurizations occurring at the systems.
Big Springs will operate the systems in compliance with Public Utilities Commission rules and regulations, including:
- Delivering safe and reliable water service to customers.
- Responding to audit and discovery requests put forward by commission staff.
- Filing necessary reports and following the chart of accounts where necessary.
- Responding to formal and informal complaints.
Big Springs will also work to transfer ownership of the systems to an entity for long-term operations. There will be no service disruption for water users as a result of the receivership or transfer.
Customers can contact Big Springs at:
707 S Railroad Ave.
Sugar City, ID 83448