Skip to Content

Fort Hall residential fire considered total loss

Fort Hall residential fire considered total loss
Fort Hall Fire

FORT HALL, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK) - The Fort Hall Fire Department responded to a house fire on Reservation Road (east of Morgan Road) Wednesday around 1:33 a.m.

The first unit to arrive found the roof was fully engulfed in flames and had partially collapsed.

According to the homeowner, the home was being remodeled at the time of the fire. 

“The owner stated there was a fire in the bathroom ceiling fan yesterday that they took care of themselves but thought it wasn’t an issue,” Fire Chief Eric King said.

North Bannock County Fire District assisted with the house fire, and it was contained at approximately 3:00 a.m. Thursday.

"The cause of the fire appeared to be a rekindle from the bathroom fan fire that occurred previously,” Chief King said.

The home is a total loss. There were no injuries.

Article Topic Follows: Local News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content