POCATELLO, Idaho (KIFI) - We Store It in Pocatello went up in smoke on Saturday.
The building was burnt to the ground as part of a joint live fire training hosted by the North Bannock Fire Department.
An opportunity that co-owners Rod Eggleston and Jim Woodland wanted to provide after owning the building for many years.
"We needed to get rid of the house, and we're grateful that we had the opportunity to say, come and use this, so it will train your people," Eggleston said. "It's just a fantastic opportunity."
North Bannock Fire Chief Mark Brood says Saturday's blaze is not typical in traditional training.
"It's nice to have an actual home that we can have live fire training," Brood said. "It does a lot different fire behavior, so it just really enacts what we'd see out there on an actual structure fire."
The fire also gave local volunteer firefighters a chance to see what's like in the heat of the action.
"It's been a one of a kind experience," volunteer firefighter Tristen Tallerico said. "This was my first structure fire, so I've never felt that kind of temperature. It's was just really hot."
Volunteer firefighter Minsyusheen Conlin says she joined the North Bannock Fire Department, so she could help out the community.
"I've grown up doing community service all throughout middle school, and I thought it would be a good opportunity to volunteer with the fire department, because it’s something that will definitely benefit the whole community," Conlin said.
By burning up this over 100-year-old home, Eggleston says they can help firefighters like Conlin do just that.
"These are the actual firefighters that if we ever have a problem with our own homes, they would be the people responding to our situation," Eggleston said. "We hope that they have the proper training, so that they can get the thing taken care of and keep the people in the community safe."