Skip to Content

3 brothers die after passing out from fumes in manure pit

ST. HENRY, Ohio (AP) — Authorities in Ohio say three brothers have died after they were overcome by fumes in a manure pit. Rescue crews found the men unconscious in the manure pit Tuesday afternoon on their family’s farm near St. Henry. The village’s fire chief say the brothers were fixing a manure pump before they passed out from the fumes. All three were taken to area hospitals and later pronounced dead. Manure pits are common on large livestock farms, but they can produce dangerous gases including hydrogen sulfide and carbon monoxide.

Article Topic Follows: AP National

Jump to comments ↓


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content