Skip to Content

Fire destroys covered pool house

pool fire 2
Dave Barrington
A fire destroys a covered pool.
pool fire
Dave Barrington
A fire destroys a covered pool.

BONNEVILLE COUNTY, Idaho (KXPI/KIFI) -UPDATE: 1-6--Idaho Falls Fire Department officials have released additional details about a Tuesday night pool-house fire.

The Idaho Falls Fire Department said it was called to the 7000 block of East Valco Drive at 6:45 p.m.  When firefighters arrived, they found flames coming from the interior corner of an enclosed residential swimming pool building about 40 feet from the home.

The fire was out by 7:05 p.m.  There were no injuries.

The cause of the fire was blamed on a pilot light from a natural gas furnace in close proximity to leaking propane bottles. Both propane bottles vented and accelerated the fire. 

That cause additional damage to the pool building and minor damage to the vinyl siding of the home.

ORIGINAL STORY-- A fire on a cold night destroys a covered pool.

Firefighters with the Idaho Falls Fire Department said the fire started shortly before 7 p.m. Tuesday in an out-building at 7365 East Valco Drive. The building is a covered pool.

Propane tanks caught fire and then vented the propane. This caused the metal building to burn. The siding on a nearby house melted.

Nobody was hurt.

The pool building was destroyed.

Article Topic Follows: Local News
Author Profile Photo

Todd Kunz

Todd is an anchor for Eyewitness News 3, Local News 8 and Fox 5.


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content